TOP 25 ESSENTIAL FASHION TIPS FOR MEN
Looking sharper than 99% of other guys is actually fairly simple and merely requires knowing and doing a few little things right.
Below you’ll find the best of the best of such tips: 25 things that you can be doing, right now, to make yourself look sharper. You can thank us later.
- Throw out or give away anything you haven’t worn in over a year. Cut off the dead weight and ruthlessly pitch or donate old threads.
- Fit is everything. Nice pants, shirts, and jackets should all be tailored, unless they came custom-tailored already. Why train for that perfect physique when you can't even show it off.
- Less is more. Spend more money on less pieces of clothing. Quality lasts longer than quantity, and you look better in it.
- Trouser cuffs should break on the tops of your shoes. That means they rest very lightly on the leather itself. The less sag and creasing, the better.
- Invest in multiple pairs of good quality shoes, both dress shoes and smart casual sneakers. Keep your dress shoes shined and keep gym shoes for the gym. A lot can be said about a man by the quality and cleanliness of his shoes.
- Own a watch you can wear with a good business suit. Functional. Classic. It’s amazing how such a small accessory can greatly enhance how you look and feel.
- The Five most important colours of trousers: Black, White, Blue denim, Navy and Beige
- Take your measurements. Write them down and tuck them in your underwear drawer or something. They always come in handy when you’re shopping.
- Slightly overdress for the occasion. Why fit in when you were born to stand out? You might also decide to drop by a restaurant or nightclub with a dress code. And even if you don’t, you might as well look like a guy who’s got plans.
- Use hair product. Tidy and shiny hair is literally the icing on the cake.
- Iron your damn shirts. Yes, wrinkled shirts and pants stand out like a sore thumb.
- Avoid T-shirts with graphics on them. It’s time to grow up lads, upgrade to solid-colour tees and polos.
- Have at least two nice white dress shirts. Be sure they’re free of stains and wrinkles, ready to go at all times. They go with everything.
- Wear cologne. Some good strong performers include, D&G The One, Dior Sauvage, Bleu De Chanel, Armani Acqua Di Gio, Versace Dylan Blue, Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male and Givenchy Gentleman.
- Have a clean and slim wallet. The slimmer it is, the less wear and tear on both the wallet and the pocket it’s shoved into. It’ll also look nicer when you pull it out to pay for things.
- Clean your clothes regularly. Launder the things that can be; take what can’t to the dry cleaners. Brush wools off to keep them from pilling and gathering fuzz.
- If the designer’s logo is very visible, it’s not as stylish as you think. They’re a way to separate style noobs from their money. Keep your look timeless. Trends can be a fun inspiration if they appeal to your existing sense of style, but don’t pursue them just because they’re “in.”
- Pamper your skin. Wash and cleanse your skin regularly and use good skin cream. Find the product that solves your particular problems, whether that’s oily skin, dry skin, or something else entirely.
- Pay for quality You can’t look like a runway model in clothes from Kmart. Be prepared to spend at least a little money if you want good quality and fit.
- Fix damages sooner, rather than later. Missing buttons, fraying edges, torn seams — get ’em into a tailor and get ’em fixed. No excuses. Wear and tear looks terrible!
- Grooming is essential. Trim your nails, shave regularly, brush your teeth, clean your eye brows and ears. A raggedy body under nice clothes jars the eye and looks gross.
- Wear the lightest colours in the summer. Think, whites, light blues, light oranges, light reds.
- Organize your wardrobe. Make it easy to reach in, grab any couple of items, and have an outfit that works. That means finding a home for the less-stylish utility pieces that’s far away from your good clothes.
- Pants beat shorts, even in hot weather. Shorts cut the leg in two, pants complete the fit.
- Never wear a bad fit! If it isn’t a close, flattering fit with no pinching or sagging, don’t wear it. This is the ultimate rule for looking good. Seriously. If you’re going to take one thing away today, take this one. NEVER WEAR A BAD FIT.